Thursday, March 20, 2008

Family Favourite





This is the second quilt I made. Ten years ago. Time flies, eh? The sunflower centres are machine pieced one inch squares and I tried to hand quilt it but it really didn't go well in the centres. So I hid it under my bed for about 5 years, then I discovered that you could have someone machine quilt it for you!!! (for a fee, of course). So I ripped out the crappy hand quilting I had already done and sent it off to the (now out of business) LQS. I still love the browns in the sunflower centres. It's starting to show wear because my kids use it all the time, but that's the whole point, right?

2 comments:

Moneik said...

That's a pretty quilt! Aren't long arm quilters great?

Jen said...

Great Sunflower Quilt! I made one last year and just quilted it a few months ago. I wish I would have made my centers larger like yours. It's awesome!