Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Nolan's Quilt and the Arnprior Quilt Show


Nolan's Quilt
I made this in December for DD2's friend (actually for the friend's nephew, age 1). It was my first attempt at freehand feathers. I didn't really impress myself with the quilting but every quilt gets a little better than the last.

This weekend I am taking DD1 and her best friend to Ottawa for a tour of Carleton University. DD1 is still debating on which school to attend this fall, so we're going up to check it out. BONUS: the Arnprior Quilt Guild is having their show this weekend and it's only 20 minutes out of the way (Ottawa is a 3 1/2 hour drive, so 20 minutes isn't that bad). I haven't told the girls yet (hee hee), what they don't know won't hurt them ... (my girls are not big fans of all things quilty).

4 comments:

Moneik said...

Great job on the quilt! Be careful taking the girls to a quilt show. They'll be hooked before you know it! That's how it all started for me and my mom. Welcome to the blogging world.

Hazel said...

Your quilts are wonderful, great job .Enjoy your trip this weekend with the girls ,oh and welcome to the blog .

Patchwork Penguin said...

Trish,

Your quilts are lovely! You just left a comment on my blog and I couldn't email back to you to thank you. Would love to hear more about your HQ16.

Nancy

Sandra said...

Have fun with your girls at the quilt show.I know you will have a good time.