Monday, March 31, 2008

One out of two isn’t bad….



I put the binding on Winnie the Pooh, so it’s finished, but I couldn’t manage to finish up the charity quilt. Hopefully tonight. Instead I spent most of Sunday putting together another top from all of the leftover fabric from Winnie the Pooh. I think I’ll call it Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Two. Picture tomorrow.




Did the shopping thing with DS and it went pretty good. We managed to find the fabric for his Leafs quilt, then he sat in the car and read his book while I looked around for myself (LOL). If it’s not a sporting goods store, the kid is not a shopper. I behaved and didn't make him wait more than 10 minutes. I picked up some fat quarters and a wall hanging kit. That makes FIVE kits waiting to be put together …. Repeat after me:
I will not buy anymore kits or fabric…
I will not buy anymore kits or fabric…
I will not buy anymore kits or fabric…


DD2 will be 17 on Tuesday, but since all three of them have part-time jobs, and I’m never sure who’s working, I decided to make the big dinner and do the cake on Saturday (first time in weeks everyone has been home on a Saturday night). My Mom came for supper too so it turned out nice, except: I made the mistake of sending DD1 into town for the birthday cake. We always do a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake for everyone’s birthday and this is what she came home with:




The ‘McLovin’ comment is from the movie Superbad (dumbest movie I have ever seen, the girls think it‘s just too funny…) and the beer bottle is definitely inappropriate for a 17 year old. Of course THEY thought it was just hilarious! (I had no trouble eating the cake of course, Baskin Robbins makes amazing ice cream!) That’ll teach me, next time I’ll go get the cake myself!

1 comment:

Suzan said...

Now I am singing the "Winnie the Pooh" song in my head!

I do believe that half the fun in quilting is the shopping...and the shopping...and the shopping!