Tuesday, March 25, 2008

There's a Quilter in My Neighbourhood










This one is my favourite. I made it 5 years ago and I quilted it by hand (won't be doing that anymore...). The pattern was from a magazine, but I can't remember which one. I love the two little quilts hanging on the clothesline (2nd row from bottom).

We did the road trip to Ottawa this weekend, what a long drive. But I had better get used to it because that's where Laura has decided to go to school this fall. She was definately impressed with Carleton University (so was I). Disappointment: we couldn't stop at the quilt show because her friend had to be back in time for church with her Grandpa for Easter. That's OK, there are a couple of shows in the Kingston area coming up in May I can go to. We did manage to find a large mall and a movie theatre on Saturday night, so a good time was had by all.

Finally, this is what I am currently working on. It's for a friend whose niece is having a baby. I let her pick out the pattern and my piecing skills weren't quite up to the task. It is not supposed to have sashing around the blocks, but I couldn't manage to get the seams to line up properly. I must have ripped some of the blocks apart and sewed them back together a dozen times. I finally gave up and used sashing. Better finished than perfect .... LOL. I am doing SID around the stars and a curly line dancing type swirl around the Winnie the Pooh blocks. I think I'm going to do a large all over swirl in the borders, so that it doesn't take away from the print.

Hopefully it will be done this week, I think the baby is due any minute now!

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Love the houses/trees quilt. I am making house blocks (from scraps) now s0 this is giving me some ideas. The baby quilt is so cute.