Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

I finished quilting the Chinese Coins quilt, now I just have to bind it. Then I need to put the one I made for my sister on the frame. It took me two years to make it and it's been almost a year waiting to be quilted. But, of course, I couldn't just stick to quilting... SportsFan and I started ripping the wallpaper off the wall in our small bathroom... what a mess (yes, he's finally feeling better, not great, but better).

This weekend is going to be crazy, too. My sister is coming for a visit Friday so that I can drive her to Toronto (hour and half drive) to get her passport (she refuses to drive the 401 highway), Saturday I'm going to Toronto for the big show (Hazel: too bad you're going on Friday....we could have met up.... hopefully next time) and then on Sunday I have to take BoyCrazy to Waterloo (the other side of Toronto) for a bowling tournament. Three trips to Toronto in one weekend and gas is up to $1.20 a litre (that's roughly $4.50 a gallon US).... and not possible to combine them. (Did you notice that I renamed my children? The oldest girl I now call BoyCrazy, next is MaterialGirl (no, I'm not talking fabric) and of course the youngest is SportsFan. It's a good thing they don't read my blog (LOL)).

As long as I manage to get the quilt on the frame this week, I'll be happy. Then I can work on it whenever I have little spurts of sparetime. It's a sampler quilt and since I want to quilt each square differently, I'm not going to be in a hurry to finish it.

4 comments:

Amelia said...

You are one busy lady...hang in there though!

Amelia in Oklahoma

Deb (vtquilter) said...

Sounds like you are running the roads a lot! Hope you can get your quilt on the frame for those brief 'quiet' moments for you!

Moneik said...

Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead. Try to keep your head on straight!

Hazel said...

I did go to the sewing festival on Friday , hope you have fun on Saturday hopefully we will meet up next time .The gas price here is ridiculas ,since my hubby works in Toronto its costing him over 400 a month for his car and over 100 for mine ,now you understand why I go to USA . In fact I was just there Sat. gas was 3 49 a gallon .From the money I save it still pays for my gas there and about 8.00 extra of course which gets spent at Joanns LOL