Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I spoke too soon....

My son is sick.... my poor baby. (He's 14 years old and 5'10, not really a baby, but hey... he is to me). Anyways, he's been sick since the weekend and I feel so bad. He's not eating (that says it all .... he normally eats like a horse). He's missed three days of school, if he's not feeling better by tonight he's going to have to go see the doctor tomorrow.

I've been working on one of my UFO's (this is the one with the wavy borders I had to redo) but between the sick child and the NHL playoffs (we are all hockey nerds in my house) it's not getting done in a hurry.
The pattern is Chinese coins and the colours are a little wild but I'm starting to like it better than I did. The closeups are my attempt at free hand leaves.

I wasn't thinking when I put it on the frame, though. I should have put it on sideways...DUH...
So I have done a loopy meander on the outside border, and now I'm in the middle of turning the quilt on the frame so I can do each row in one pass.
Eventually, I will get this stuff right the first time.....





2 comments:

Moneik said...

It looks like a cool quilt. Good luck getting it finished.

Suzan said...

Can you tell me a little about your machine and frame? Inquiring minds and all that!

I think your leaves look pretty good...especially for a first attempt!