Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Baby....

Actually, both of them....

Baby boy is still sick so we're going to see the doctor later today, now he's coughing so hard it makes him throw up. Lovely.

The other baby is my quilting machine.... Suzan asked me about it:

I have an HQ16 with Handiquilter table and frame. I love it. It has a stitch regulator but I very seldom use it. Once you get used to it, you don't need the stitch regulator. I bought it last May (wow, almost a year now) and I use it just for myself. I don't quilt other peoples stuff. My kids think I'm crazy because I don't do it as a part-time job, but since I already have a fulltime job, I stick to quilting for fun (it's my stress relief!).

So far I haven't done anything larger than a twin, but I'm thinking of attempting a queen size quilt for my bed soon. Maybe. Or I might just work on one of the dozen or so projects I have waiting to be started ...LOL

The only thing more fun than quilting is...... thinking about quilting! With books... magazines..... planning the next one....choosing a pattern..... picking out the fabric .....BUYING the fabric... LOL

One last thing, I was working on the Chinese Coins quilt last night (previous post) and my husband walks through the room and says "Wow, nice colours." Huh? Is the man colour blind? I mean it's not ugly or anything, but I have done a lot nicer quilts in the past and he never says a word... go figure.

4 comments:

Suzan said...

My sister has made many quilts and several are displayed around her house. The only time he has ever commented about a quilt was when she made one as a gift to me and he said it was the prettiest one she had ever made...hasn't said anything about a quilt since (and that was 3 years ago!!)

Thanks for the info about your HQ16!

Suzan said...

I'm an idiot! I just read my comment. I was referring to her husband!! LOL!

Moneik said...

Some men are just that way. Paul hardly ever comments on my quilts either.

Connie said...

Ugh--nothing worse for a Mom's nerves than a sick kid! Hope the baby is feeling better soon!!! With me, when it comes to coughs, I am a die-hard Vicks fan--used baby Vicks when they were really little and now it's regular Vicks--must be because my Mom used it. Hang in there!