Tuesday, May 6, 2008

April Accomplishments.....

I saw that some people have been listing what they accomplished last month, and I thought "that's a good idea, I'll do that too".....


Let's see...what did I accomplish last month, hmmm???? Oh! I know! I finished the Winnie the Pooh quilt for my friend. No... that was the end of March. What else? .... hmmm ..... surely there must be something..... Wait! I quilted the Tulip quilt.... Nope, March again.....

and I still haven't put the binding on it,

Aha! I quilted the Chinese Coins quilt - Phew!!! I was getting worried. Oops, haven't put the binding on that one either....

For crying out loud.... I did absolutely nothing last month, how the heck did it go by so fast?

..... maybe this list wasn't such a good idea after all.


OK. I need a new plan.


Instead, I'm going to blatantly "borrow" Jill's idea and try "One hour a Day" for the month of May and see if it helps. Since I already know that there are some days when even one hour is not possible, I will make up the hour that I missed on another day. Of course I'm starting from today instead of May 1st so I don't start out in the hole for 5 hours!!!! That means I need to put in 26 hours for May......


Now it shouldn't be as hard as it sounds because I did spend some time last night finishing the backing for my sister's quilt and putting it on the frame. Plus, I cut the binding for the Chinese Coins quilt so it's ready to be put on, and this past weekend I cleaned up my quilt table. Here's a picture of my baby all cleaned up and ready to go:

4 comments:

Moneik said...

Good luck with your Quilt for an hour a day! I'm going to list how many hours and minutes I spend quilting in my sidebar, feel free to join in and actively watch how you spend your quilting/sewing time. I'm including, cutting, piecing, ripping, quilting, hand sewing, pressing, almost anything quilting related, except buying fabric and going to quilt shows!

Connie said...

Your frame set-up looks sparkling clean and ready to go! I've recently gotten a frame and mid arm--haven't had the chance to actually use them yet, but I'll get there. Good luck with your hour-a-day!

Kristie said...

Don't feel bad, I really didn't get anything done in April either!

I love your frame!!!
Kristie

jillquilts said...

Don't feel bad! I didn't get anything done in March! And feel free to 'borrow' the one hour a day. I 'borrowed' it from another blogger!