Wednesday, May 28, 2008

An hour a Day......

I decided to add up and see how many days in May I actually managed to quilt:

May 6 thru 10th - 4 days
May 11 thru 16 - 0 days
May 17th thru 27 - 8 days

12 days in total.

Not bad, I didn't start until the 6th, and I still have 4 days left.

I didn't get any quilting in last night because my son had baseball and when we got home ..... the power was out! Which is a real pain when you live in the country. No power = no pump = no water..... I did manage to unload and reload the dishwasher by candlelight, I even turned it on so that when the power came back on it would start up. Sure enough, the power came on about 1 am and I could hear the dishwasher running! Clean dishes for breakfast at least.

There's no baseball tonight so I hope to keep quilting Barb's quilt. I would really like to finish it by Sunday, or else I have to take it off the frame because I have a charity quilt I need to finish by next Wednesday. Hmmm, not likely, but we'll see...

3 comments:

Amelia said...

Living in the country also I knew too well the feeling of beng withut electricity...no pump-no water-no flushing stools or being able to bathe. Still give me the country life any day over the city life.

Maybe you can squueze in some quilting today/night.

Amelia in Oklahoma

Moneik said...

Hopefully you get to spend some time quilting tonight. I know it'll be after the wedding before I get to do much sewing, but it's going to be a fast two weeks, so I think I'll manage. I loved living in the country, but I hated the power going out too.

jillquilts said...

You did great with your hour a day! I still haven't added up my May numbers and I haven't been doing too well with June. :(