Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm SO easily distracted ....

On Saturdy I spent some of my birthday money at one of the LQS' in my area.


The sunflower fabric with the gold accent fabric is to make a table runner. I decided I needed a project that A) is for me and B) won't take forever to finish (I hope).
Of course I had to start it on Sunday:


I finished the two main blocks, but then I felt guilty, so I went back to working on Barb's quilt:

Block #3 : The quilting is 'small bananas' from the Pajama Quilter DVD. I really like how this one turned out.
Block #4: Really small meandering loops (I should've done the small bananas again, but the blocks are close together on the quilt and I didn't want it to look too repetitive)


Block #5: Allover medium stipple and outline around the applique (I'm not very good at following the applique, but it looks great from about 3 feet away LOL!)

Block #6: Dwirling (Pajama Quilter)


Block #7: Line Dancing on the plain squares (I made a plastic template that I use to mark the design on the square, then I quilt over the line) and a freehand curve through the pinwheel blocks.


7 blocks complete, 15 to go.....
However, once I finish the blocks, I'm really not sure what to do with the 2" squares that separate the blocks. I don't want to do cross hatching, I think it would be stand out too much against the blue fabrics (I also don't want to change thread colour). If I was a professional quilter I'd do continuous curves .... but I'm not, and I'm not very good at curves yet, and I really don't want to practice on this quilt. So, if anyone has any ideas how to to do the 2" squares, I would appreciate the input.

1 comment:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That quilt is amazing. You really did a beautiful job on it. Gotta love Pajama Quilter! I'm easily distracted too....