Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Irony of Mother's Day....

I spent Mother's Day at the hospital with my MIL, who had a massive stroke on Saturday night. She passed away yesterday afternoon. My husband is not doing well. I feel so bad for him. And then I feel bad for my kids who seem so lost... they don't know what to do. They're upset about their Grandma and they've never seen their Dad like this. I think they're still in shock.

I'm just hoping we make it through the services OK. I'm worried about my son. My SIL's asked him to be a pallbearer. My husband said OK, and I didn't want to upset him so I said OK too, but I really don't know about this. He's only fourteen and has never even been to a funeral before. I talked to him and explained how everything works, but I'm nervous. Then I was thinking that his Dad will be beside him to look out for him, but it will probably be Tyler looking out for Dad. So it's probably a good thing.

I probably won't post again until next week.

7 comments:

Hazel said...

I'm so sorry for your lose ,my prayers are with you .We're always here if you need a shoulder ,god bless you .

jillquilts said...

I am very sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my thoughts.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I wish I had words to ease the pain of your loss. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers.
Regina

Moneik said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Connie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your family's difficult loss. I hope that God brings you all comfort and peace during this sad time.

Amelia said...

I will include you and your family in my prayers.

May God give you the strength and wisdom as your enter this new chapter of your lives.

Amelia in Oklahoma

vtquilter said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. I'll be thinking of you and hope you can remember the good memories during this difficult time.