Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Long Weekend

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words and sympathy. Things are starting to return to normal around here. Sort of.

DH and I spent Friday night and Saturday doing a mad scramble to finish the bathroom renovation before we had company on Saturday night. At one point on Saturday the hallway outside the bathroom had the sink and toilet in it and the rest of the house looked like a bomb had exploded.... What a mess. Fortunately, we managed to get it all back together about 30 minutes before everyone showed up, and now it's DONE!

Since the house was cleaned up Saturday, I managed to spend most of Sunday and Monday (Monday was a holiday here in Canada) quilting. Of course I took lots of pictures and then left my camera at home. I'll post them tomorrow. I still do all my posting from work because my fancy dancy high speed at home only works when it's in a good mood. The repairman is coming tomorrow, if he can't fix it, I'm going to have to go back to dial up. Arrghh! ( I post from work because my husband and I own our own business, so the boss doesn't mind.... LOL)

Yesterday was my birthday. 43 years old. That's funny, because I don't FEEL 43. Given the events of last week it was pretty much a non-event. But I don't mind, we did manage to go out for dinner last night with the whole family and that doesn't happen very often. Plus, hubby didn't have time to shop, so I got cash.... Ha Ha.... LQS, here I come!

3 comments:

Moneik said...

Glad to hear things are returning to normal. Sounds like you got a lot done in a short amount of time. We've been doing home remodeling this year and things are always in a state of disarray.

Hazel said...

Good to have you back and HAPPY BIRTHDAY .

Amelia said...

Happy belated birthday.

You can spend the money on fun stuff that you want....that is what it is for!

Amelia in Oklahoma