Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Quiltfest!

Or at least that's what it felt like. DH and the SportsFan went camping for the weekend, so I spent the WHOLE weekend quilting. And yes, I FINISHED BARB'S QUILT!!!! I'm so happy..... Unfortunately, the Official Quilt Holder didn't get home from camping while it was light enough to take a picture, so I'll post the final product tomorrow (minus the binding.... this week's project).

Of course the weekend wasn't without a couple of bumps along the way.... for example, taking the quilt off the machine to gaze at it adoringly, so proud of myself, only to discover that I missed quilting a HUGE spot in the border. Back on the machine to fix it ....

It gets better.... DH asked me to run the garden hose for an hour on Saturday to top up the pool (normally he does this every week, but again, he went camping). So, dutiful wife that I am (insert tongue in cheek now) I say "Sure, I can do that". Picture this: 1) garden hose filling up the pool 2) me, quilting away merrily, the girls are both at work, no interruptions..... totally focused on finishing..... 3) we live in the country and are on WELL WATER..... Get the picture?

Yup. I ran the well dry. Bone dry. Material Girl comes home from work five hours (yes, FIVE HOURS) later and jumps in the shower.... Well, I'm sure the entire country heard the screammmmm. ARRGGHHHH...

Not done yet... I take the girls into town for dinner, a couple of hours go by, so I ask my kind neighbour if he can restart the pump for me (he's such a nice guy, not only did he fix it, he only laughed out loud once) and all is well again. Well, not quite. MaterialGirl, who doesn't understand that it takes longer to FILL a well than it does to DRAIN it, put her work clothes IN THE WASHING MACHINE!!!!! Sure enough, we're out of water again! By now I'm way too embarassed to go back to the neighbour, so I just toughed it out until hubby came home the next day.

But that's OK .... I don't care.....I finished BARB"S QUILT!!!! (I may be repeating myself, I'm so excited!)

I also managed to finish piecing the table topper I started last month:















I started quilting it last night but my tension was off and I was too tired to fight with it, so I gave up and went to bed. I'll finish it tonight.

I also started a new quilt with charm square fabric from Northcott's Quest for a Cure line that I bought last year. I think it has sufficiently aged enough to be put together now... (LOL)

2 comments:

Moneik said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend! So happy to hear you finished Barb's quilt. I'm sure you're very happy about that.

Michele said...

Oh, the joys of well water. We've done that - more than once!