Tuesday, July 8, 2008

MIA...

Wow, I didn't realize I'd been MIA that long. I don't even have a good excuse like vacation or something else exciting, sometimes life just gets too busy....


I'm trying to catch up on reading everyone's blogs but I think it will take me a couple of days. I have managed to read Moneik's, Jen's and and Jill's blogs.... GO GIRLS GO! Wow.... they are impressive!


I have managed to squeeze in a little time to work on my charm squares quilt. It's a pink ribbon quilt made with Northcott 'Quest for the Cure' charm squares I bought last year. The pattern calls for applique flowers in the center, but I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do that or just add a big pink ribbon on top. I'll decide when the top is finished. I still have to sew it together and add two borders.


This weekend I'm going to Toronto with two friends to see 'Dirty Dancing' on stage. Neither of my friends are quilters, but they relented and agreed to stop at a couple of quilt shops along the way. Insert evil laugh here..... I will convert them eventually!!!!


4 comments:

Suzan said...

That's our job as quilters...bring them into the fold one at a time!

Canadian Gail said...

Seeing as you're coming to Toronto, I thought I'd act as quilting ambassador and let you know re a few of our great shops. Cock-a-doodle-doo quilt shop is beautiful - spacious with lots of different fabric lines. Sew Sisters Quilt Shop also has a good variety, but the best thing are the prices - they are often below going Canadian market rates. This is a favorite here among my quilting friends. You can see a sample of the prices by checking the website. Finally Quilters Block, on St. Clair Ave is a smaller store, but brand new - it only opened in April, so you should check this one out. Enjoy your stay in Toronto!

Jen said...

OMG, thank you! How fun to see the three of us listed on someone's blog!!

Regina said...

I LOVE Dirty Dancing -wish I could go see that! it is my all time throw in the background movie when I am working on a project -it's the best!