Friday, July 18, 2008

Quilting, Baseball and Teenagers....

Well I did it. Sat for over two hours at a baseball game with a quilt on my lap and hand stitched the binding. It was 30 degrees Celcius (84 fahrenheit) when the game started. Wasn't much cooler at the end, either. But it's done now (I finished it up at home after the game).The SportsFan has baseball this weekend in Kingston, so my sister is going to meet up with us at one of his games to pick up the quilt. WooHoo! I get to start something new with NO GUILT ATTACHED! Unfortunately, it won't be this weekend..... 'cause the Sportsfan has baseball... again...

Hubby and I are taking him to Kingston (two hour drive) for a double header on Saturday, then we drive to Brockville (another hour) and stay overnight for two more games on Sunday. Normally, I enjoy the out of town weekends, but this is the first time we are leaving the girls 'Home Alone' for the weekend. Can you say 'Paranoid Mom'...? Normally I would have someone come and stay with them but now that they both work and they're 17 and 18 years old, I'm pretty sure they would freak out at having a babysitter.

Let's think about this: two teenage girls home alone for the weekend..... hhmmm.... No, wait... they're both responsible, well behaved young adults and I'm sure they wouldn't even dream about having friends over or throwing a party or anything like that....

Who am I kidding.... they're TEENAGERS!!! My solution to this little dilemma? I'm not going to tell them that we're not coming home Saturday night! (Insert evil laugh here) In fact, I may break down and outright LIE and tell them we'll be home late Saturday night , then phone at the last minute (like midnight) to let them know we won't be home.

Hey, what can I say? I was a teenager once, too.

1 comment:

vtquilter said...

Wow, now that's dedication. I can imagine it as I started putting a binding on my quilt Saturday and it was 80 degrees in the house. Not a time I wanted to be covered by a quilt, but it is all done. Enjoy the baseball games this week.