Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm still shaking ....

My youngest daughter was in a car accident last night. Thank God she's OK. She was only a couple miles from home and a rabbit ran out in front of her. Of course she's only 17 and hasn't got enough experience to know better, so she automatically hit the brakes. It was a gravel road and the car skidded into the ditch, and when it hit the ditch it FLIPPED OVER!!!!. When I got there, I took one look at the car and almost threw up, it scared me so bad. All you could see was the bottom side of the car. The ditch was so deep it covered the car windows. Fortunately, she had already gotten out of the car when I got there so I knew she was alright.

My heart can't take that kind of stress. It scared the hell out of me. Deep breath now... Must stay calm...

Changing the topic to less stressful things: Darn it, I can't find my camera! And I wanted to post pictures of my fabric purchases! I also wanted to show the Red/Black/White quilt up on the design wall (AKA: flannel back table cloth), I've only got a few blocks left to piece. I think it's old age or something that I can't find it... I know it was in the truck when I went to Kingston, but it's not there now.

Well if I don't find it soon I'll have to borrow my daughter's. Hopefully I'll have pictures tomorrow.

5 comments:

Gina said...

I'm so glad that your daughter is Ok. She must be terribly shaken up love her.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Moneik said...

I'm so glad she was okay! Just reading your story had me praying for her safety. I'm sure you were freaking out. I know I would have been.

Hazel said...

Thank God your daughter is fine ,my son did the exact same thing when he was 17 on a gravel road .Our car was a total write off but that could be replaced ,our kids can't .

Bethany said...

I'm SO glad she's okay. I almost got smashed by a old guy backing out in front of a semi truck. It's a miracle that they didn't crash and then slam into me.

Again, so glad she's okay

Roseanne said...

I was reading your blog .I am so glad she is ok .Yes my friends son was in a car accident three week ago and he died . It was so sad he was 23 .he went to sleep at the wheel after night shift ran in to a truck.. Yes i am glad your Daughter is fine ..