Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Stash Busting ..... NOT

It's a good thing my stash isn't overly large yet, or I might be feeling a little guilty today. I stopped at Fabricland to pick up a border fabric for the red/black/white quilt and instead walked out with 8 metres of fabric for a new quilt that didn't even exist in my head until I saw the fabric!

Sheesh, I really need to stay out of fabric stores and quilt shops... I stopped at two quilt shops in Kingston last weekend, but I was a little better behaved there, I bought 10 batik fat quarters because they were on sale - buy 7 get 3 free (weird numbers but hey, why not?).

I also purchased Bamboo batting for the red/black/white quilt. I've never used it before, but it certainly feels nice and soft. I'll post some pictures tomorrow, along with the progress on the quilt. Of course, I still need to buy the border fabric but I think I'm going to order it from Sew-Sisters, because what I really want is more of the Califon fabric and none of my local stores carry it. Plus, shopping online might just keep me from making anymore impulse buys.... LOL .... probably not!

2 comments:

Moneik said...

I love the Califon line. I haven't seen it in any of the stores here, but it looks awesome and I'm sure it's perfect for your borders.

Connie said...

I have used the bamboo batting--I really like the feel of it after it is quilted! Haven't washed the quilt yet--hopefully it will hold up well. Happy quilting!