Monday, August 18, 2008

Woo Hoo! I Found my Camera!

Right where I put it, of course (in a bag, in the truck, when I was in Kingston). Sheese, these 'lapses' are getting more and more frequent....

So here is the fabric I bought last week. I LOVE the colours. Not what I normally buy. The blues are more teal than they look in the pictures. I'm thinking about using the Disappearing Nine Patch as the pattern. May have to admire and play with the fabric for a while longer before I decide (LOL).










I finished all of the 12" blocks for my R/B/W quilt. I really like this one, again it's the colours. They are a step out of the box from the more traditional colours I've used in the past. I'm going to sew all the squares together tomorrow and hopefully by then the border fabric I ordered will be here.













I had the house to myself this weekend (hubby and the kids went to the Havelock Jamboree) but I didn't do any quilting! My girlfriend and I went golfing, did some window shopping at a couple of car lots (still driving a rental right now), went out for dinner and then I spent most of my time watching the Olympics and doing laundry.... lots and lots of laundry.... my little mini - vacation.... How boring am I? LOL

4 comments:

Moneik said...

Your new fabrics look so fun! The RWBlack quilt is really coming along. Sometimes a weekend like that is so rejuvenating.

Hazel said...

I really like that RWB quilt I'm doing one in the same colors ,your's is very striking .

Canadian Gail said...

Ireally like the new fabric. You did a great job in pulling together a great color combo. I just may have to clip this posting as I just may want to copy your arrangement. I'm looking forward to seeing the quilt you'll be making from those.

Canadian Gail said...

You know what they say "imitation is the gratest form of flattery". I dropped by Fabricland today and picked up the paisley, dots and other matching print - just like yours; in the same colorway. Now I'm waiting to see what we'll me making with these fabrics - just kidding!