Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Well....

I killed the dress.
It was a long, slow, painful death, too.

It turns out that when you haven't sewn any clothes in ten years, you kinda forget what you're doing. That'll teach me, I think I'll stick to quilting for a while. Maybe when the frustration wears off a bit (grrrrr), I'll go back and try again. ...... maybe, maybe not.

On a happier note, I finished piecing the top for my Christmas wallhanging and I have the BFF quilt loaded on the frame. I can 'smell' a finish soon.....

4 comments:

Nanci said...

I was gonna tell you that fitting the dresses is so hard. Good for you for recognizing it. I make pj bottoms, that's it. I could live in those. I have some in lots of colours and when the grandkids want to sew, yep, they make pj bottoms.
Your quilting is your passion anyway....

Suzan said...

Buying clothes is SO much easier! I applaud you for your attempt. I was thinking about making a jumper since I have the pattern and the fabric. Let the cursing begin!!

Bethany said...

I know just how you feel. I just bought fabric for skirts for my girls only to discover that the pattern only has sizes has 3-6 on it. Which means I probably have the wrong yardage as well.

What was I thinking??

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Sorry about the dress. I'm right there with ya on the sewing clothes. I made all my kids dresses and stuff when they were small, but that was a very long time ago. Quilting is so much better anyway.