Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Quilty Weekend

I'm a little late posting about it, but I had a really nice weekend that consisted of mostly quilting and one of my son's hockey games (Christmas? Decorating? Shopping? Maybe next weekend....)

I finished Courtney's BFF quilt. It's made with all the leftover fabric from Meagan's 'Skunk in a Blender' quilt. I made the pattern up as I went along. I started by using the small scraps in random 'crumbs' blocks and then I made various squares like nine-patches and four patches. All of the blocks are 6 1/2 inches. Some of the blocks are surrounded by 3 1/2 strips to make them 12 1/2 inches, and the rest are the 4 blocks put together. Very similiar to the 'Skunk in a Blender' pattern, but I didn't have enough fabric to copy it exactly.
I quilted it with an allover large stipple. This is the one I had tension problems with, so I spent over an hour frog stitching..... But it's finished and I'm happy with it.











Then there's the Christmas wallhanging.... I'm not happy with it. Now that it's quilted, I don't like the colour combination. The red and green are too dark and overwhelm the Christmas print (yes, it's red... not pink!). Live and learn I quess. I'm going to put the binding on it and use it for a tablecloth instead, I think it will look better that way.
If Fabricland has any of the Christmas print fabric left after Christmas, I might buy more and try again with a different pattern.









3 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I love it! That's a great quilt!

Rosaline said...

I really like your xmas wallhanging. The red and green matches perfectly with the print fabric.

Nanci said...

wow Trish, I just love that. My granddaughter wants one something like that. I may copy....