Friday, January 16, 2009

BRRRR.....

I don't normally complain about the weather (when you live in Canada, there really isn't much point) but DAMN it's cold!


I finished Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too....

and I used it to practice with the new MicroHandles. The first picture is freehand continuous curves on the four patches and the pinwheels, they're not great but they are better than I could do with the original handles.



The second picture is just random squiggly curls


Dwirling around Winnie the Pooh






The Finished product. Try to ignore the ugly cream binding. Since it was made from left over pieces of another quilt, I didn't have enough fabric left for the binding. Fortunately, I know a cute little two year old boy who isn't going to care what colour the binding is!
Last night I started a Turning Twenty quilt. I've never made one before but I've had the book for a couple of months. I have decided that I am NOT allowed to buy more fabric until I use up some of the stuff I already have, at least three or four quilts worth! Since I had 16 left over fat quarters in black, red and white that I didn't use in Meagan's quilt, I used them to make a 4X4 Turning Twenty (although technically, I guess it's a Turning 16!). I pieced all the squares last night and I'm planning on finishing the top this weekend. It certainly goes together fast, it's not hard to see why it's such a popular pattern.

1 comment:

Nanci said...

I like it Trish! It's lively. I am ignoring the binding..lol
Yes, it's so cold that I am doing facebook and quilting because we can't go out, poor dog is going nuts too. Nevermind, It's warming up this weekend.