Thursday, January 8, 2009

That 70's Show ....

Is the name of my latest quilt. The girls came up with the name, they thought the fabrics were 70's retro. It's a disappearring nine-patch. This one is going to be given to Laura's friend Katy.













I started it before Christmas, but I didn't get it quilted until after the New Year. I quilted loops in the main part of the quilt, a large stipple in the border and I did more loops on the inner brown border.










Once I get the binding on, I'm going to make a real effort to get Dave's quilt together. I've been ignoring it for over a month now, but I need to start working on it soon!

The girls gave me a new camera for Christmas, since it's PINK, it should be easier to find and I hopefully won't misplace it as often as I did with the other one!

And my sister gave me a tote on wheels (similiar to the picture) for when I go to the St. Jude's Quilt Retreat in April! Yeah, Sis! (she's the best.... even though there may have been a few subtle hints dropped here and there... LOL)

3 comments:

Rosaline said...

I really like your disappearing 9 patch. By using a limited number of fabrics and unified placement, you have given the quilt character. This is different from what I tend to see, ie, a portrait of random colors. Yep, I think you've gifted quilt will meet with a "I love it and I really mean it" response.

jillquilts said...

Cute quilt! And your quilting looks awesome! You will be happy to have the rolling tote in April! I can't wait to meet everyone from blogland!

Quilter said...

Love the colour combo you used, I have one of these 1/3 done in b/w and red, its *somewhere* in the piles of 'got distracted yet again'

its a sickness .. I need help! lol
Ann