Friday, March 20, 2009

Canada Post comes through .....

Well, they might be expensive, but Canada Post came through with flying colours..... Tina received her quilt only a week after I sent it! WooHoo! Her pictures are better than mine, you can check it out here.

I'm making progress on Dave's quilt, all the blocks are quilted now, I only have two borders left to quilt. It probably won't happen this weekend though, all three kids will be home and I promised MaterialGirl that we will go to Toronto on Saturday to shop for a formal (prom) dress (technically, it's not called Prom in Ontario, they call it Formal). Given how picky the girl is, I'm sure I'll be exhausted by Saturday night.

2 comments:

Nanci said...

Our mail system is very expensive, but apparently efficient too. I sent a small quilt to Dorset, cost me $16.00 and that was regular mail. I could have driven there for the price.
But your friend receiving the quilt in the mail and the joy of opening a parcel is worth every penny. I love it! Is that a dragonfly? I hope so. I love it love it love it.

Mary-Kay said...

Hurray for Canada Post!!!Anyway about the dance. According to my son a Semi-formal is usually for grade 9&10 but can be attended by all grades while a Prom can only be attended by the grade 12 but they can invite grade 11 students.