Monday, March 16, 2009

Decorating and the never-ending wildlife quilt....

We spent most of the weekend re-doing my bedroom. We've lived in this house for more than ten years and my bedroom was still painted white.... can you say Blah? Last week DH built me a new closet (it was a little bit of a wait, the sticker on the closet doors said they were purchased in March of 2006....), then Friday night he and DS built shelves and finally we painted on Saturday and Sunday. Whew, thank goodness that's done, I hate painting! Although I still have to paint the kitchen (again, still white after 10 years). I actually bought the paint for the kitchen this weekend, so hopefully it will get done soon (in my house soon means anywhere from one week to a few years, so we'll have to see how we make out there!).

It's funny how I really don't like painting and decorating, but since we've moved in, each of the kids rooms have been repainted at least twice. Hmmm.....

After I finished the swap quilt this week (see last post), I put Dave's quilt back on the frame. Good Lord, this one is taking me forever!!!! I finally finished the McTavishing around the blocks, and on Sunday I started quilting each of the individual blocks. It's taking a lot longer than I thought it would. Of course, I went a little overkill on the quilting, but once I started, it was too late to change my mind.

I need to get a little bit more productive.... I also have two quilts that still need binding....

It's March break here in Ontario, so my two high school students are off for the week. MaterialGirl went on a trip to Quebec City with a bunch of friends and won't be back until Friday, and SportsFan is leaving Tuesday to visit a friend for the rest of the week, so I should be able to get something done while they're gone.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

My Dad hated painting. He always said that if he was sent to Hell they would make him paint. My Mom was always asking him to redo rooms. He claimed there was so much paint on the walls the rooms were getting smaller.