Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Quilt Retreat

I finally decided what I want to work on at the retreat next month. I picked up this issue of AP&Q and I just love the quilt on the cover. However, I'm going to make a couple of changes. First I'm going to do the stars in 20 different batik fabrics for a multi-colour look, and second, I'm going to make the stars in 8 inch blocks instead of 4 inch blocks (I want a larger quilt). I already have the batiks, I just need to pick up the background and pick something for the small squares.











And I am under strict orders to post a picture of the BACK of the dress, she didn't like the first picture....LOL

3 comments:

Jen said...

My mom is thinking of making that quilt too!

I still like the dress!!

Nanci said...

Heh Trish...no fish, no moose. You will love making this one!
Can't wait to see the finished product!
Have fun at the retreat. Where is it?

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I just looked at that one a couple of days ago. I just want to make them all! It's a great choice for retreat!