Monday, June 8, 2009

Still here....

I have been finishing up some deadline stuff. I finished the current round in the SFRR3 (2 days late...again...). I'm not very good at deadlines. I've already received the next round, this is the one where the top is finished and I have to quilt it. Since I don't dither as much over the quilting, I'm hoping to have the last part done early!

I started to make a list of my UFO's..... I gave up in disgust..... my sewing area is such a mess, I need to clean it up so that I can find anything!

However, here is a list of the UFO's that I HAVE found:

Basket quilt (started at retreat, still needs borders)
Yellow Brick Road (started last month)
Floral Charm Squares (last year)
Christmas Santas (probably 5 years old)
Christmas Trees (at least 7 years old)
Country Stars (still in kit form)
Winterthreads Wallhanging (purchased two years ago, started last winter)
Black Floral Table Topper (still in kit form)

However, I would like to point out that I behaved myself admirably this weekend.....
The girl's had given me a gift certificate to Fabricland for my birthday last month, and I went to Fabricland's 50% off sale on Saturday and managed NOT to buy any fabric! Instead I bought a really nice wrought-iron quilt rack and a new 20 and 1/2 inch ruler!

I'll take a picture of both later......

5 comments:

Moneik said...

Oh I'm so proud of you! I had to clean last night too. My room was out of control to me. I'm sure you'll enjoy the gifts you purchased with the gift certificate too.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Wow! You did good, Trish! I would love to see the quilt rack! Take a pic...take a pic...giggle!

Nanci said...

I went to the Fabricland in Ajax and didn't buy either. I am being frugal and awaiting the time when I have not so much fabric left.
I like to bye blades when they are on sale, as I love the feel of that first cut with the rotary don't you?

piecesofpatti said...

Glad to see you are on it. There is always so much to do. And, keep up the good work with the no smoking!!!!!!!

Cindy said...

Looks like life is just moving along for you. Congrats on the no smoking you're doing great.....