Friday, July 24, 2009

99 bottles of beer on the Wall ......

Well, actually, it's 99 POSTS.... Woo Hoo! I wonder what I'll do for my 100th post??? I guess you'll just have to come back next week and check!

On the quilty front, I am slogging away at the basket quilt and slowly making some progress. I have done SID around all the squares, and I have done some of the fill behind the baskets. Tonight I am going to start working on the templates in the setting and side blocks. I marked some of them last night.














The problem, of course, is that I've never actually quilted with a template before.... so feel free to cross your fingers for me! We'll see if I can manage to stay on (or even close) to the lines!


The second problem is that I have NO IDEA how to quilt the basket. It's too big to leave it plain, but I am on a deadline and I don't want to attempt anything fancy or time consuming. Ideas anyone? Do you think it would look all right if I meander inside the basket (not the handle, just the basket)? Or I was thinking I could quilt a heart right in the middle of the basket (if we assume that I can stay on the line for the template, I could trace a heart and quilt over it). Help!!!

4 comments:

Moneik said...

You could do like a 1" echo of the basket. Kind of a V shape three or four times in the basket area.

piecesofpatti said...

I don't have any ideas for you, but I am liking what I see so far. Very nice!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That's gonna be gorgeous! Did I spell that right? hmmmm...I love that quilt! I have no idea about how to tell you to quilt it except ... "go for it" "you can do it" .. that's all I've got, Trish! Have a great weekend!

Jennifer said...

Hearts or meandering would look good - whatever you feel more comfortable with and can do the fastest, probably ; )