Monday, July 13, 2009

Goal Accomplished ! Sort of....



Here it is, borders and all.... Somedays I like it and some days I don't. It's probably one of those quilts where I won't love it until after it's quilted.

Which unfortunately, won't be this week. I did get the borders on, got the backing ready, I even cleaned off the quilting frame, just in time to realize that I need to make a new quilt, and it has to be done in three weeks. (UniversityGirl actually laughed out loud when I said the 'done in three weeks' part).

Every year for the past 5 years we have spent the long weekend with friends at their cottage up north. Last year after we left I decided I wanted to make them a quilt as a thank you for the yearly invite. Of course I promptly forgot all about it once I was home.... that is until yesterday when they called to make sure that we were still coming this year. Ooops.

So how do I make a quilt in three weeks? Start with a top that's already made. In this case, I am going to give them the Basket Quilt that I put together at retreat this year (which has been languishing away, waiting for borders and quilting. What is it with me and borders, anyways?)

So I'm off to Fabricland after work to pick up backing fabric. And unfortunately, it's really only two and a half weeks until we go ..... eek....

5 comments:

Jen said...

You can totally do this. Besides you can sew binding while you are there!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You can do it! And .. it's an awesome quilt and will be a wonderful gift!

piecesofpatti said...

Yes, you can do it! I really like the basket quilt. Like this one too!

Jackie said...

I really like this quilt!

Good Luck on getting your other quilt done!

Nanci said...

Make a strippy quilt! That way it looks fabulous, and if they don't know anything about quilting...well you are a star!