Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm still here....

And I have accomplished absolutely nothing on quilting front ..... but now that summer is officially over and the kids are off to school I plan on getting back to quilting... and cleaning... and hey, maybe I'll even do a little cooking too (LOL, maybe...)

UniversityGirl went back to Ottawa last week for her second year. She's pretty excited, this year she's not living in Rez, she's sharing a townhouse with three other girls. She's already asked me to come for a visit and make some curtains for them. Yippee.... I hate making curtains.....

BoyCrazy started college this week. It's her first year. She's living at home and driving back and forth (it's a 40 minute drive, not too bad). She had NO interest in going away to school, and my extremely depleted bank account thanks her for that!

And SportsFan started grade 11. He's pretty blase about school, he doesn't complain, but the enthusiasm is a little lacking.....

I am in the middle of putting a quilt on the frame right now (I am SO easily distracted), I should have pictures this week.

Wait! I almost forgot! This is my 101st post.... so..... it's giveaway time! Leave a comment and on Tuesday, Sept 15 I will draw for a winner. What am I giving away? Funny you should ask... I have no idea!!!! But I will come up with something cool before Tuesday, Good Luck!

12 comments:

Jen said...

I've been wondering where you've been! You aren't the only one easily distracted...it's why we have so many UFOS!!

The Rabbit Factory said...

If you get to Ottawa be sure to drop into the Running Stitch Quilt shop in Kanata...you will love it! Their website is www.therunningstitch.ca

Colleen said...

Don't worry, I've accomplished nothing on the quilting front as well!

Gina said...

Don't worry. I didn't get much done over the holidays either. Now Gemma is back in school though I have the house to myself again.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Glad to see you back and posting! I was startin' to worry about you. Sounds like you've had plenty to keep you busy. I'm glad Cindy is back in school. I like the house to myself during the day....quiet again!

piecesofpatti said...

Glad to see you're back. Summers can be very busy with kids at home. I always looked forward to fall when the kids were home. Felt like life went back to normal. Now everyday is the same. Looking forward to your pictures.

Moneik said...

Glad to see you back. I know summer is so busy and hard to get in the groove. I've been distracted lately too.

Mary-Kay said...

After a couple of years off my oldest son is trying to start university here in Windsor. When you have a spouse who works there, it's a good thing on one hand but on the other, there doesn't seem to be all the support that you normally get. I guess like in H.S. with a guidance counselor. Anyway, have a great fall and hope to see some projects soon.

CarlaHR said...

Nice to see you back. I always feel that September is a time for renewal - my energy level seems higher - so its time for a little housework which tends to get neglected during the summer. As the whether gets cooler the thought of hand quilting a queen size quilt doesn't seem so daunting.

Jackie said...

Happy 101st!

My quilting is slow going too...but it's always like that. I enjoy the time I do get to quilt!

Nanci said...

heh trish I have been wondering what you've been up to! Your blog just kept saying 3 weeks since the last post...Darn, I am away tomorrow going to Whitby for doctor appt. You should put me there anyway...please.
Yes, fall is such a time of year that new beginnings happen. Our first granddaughter is at Nipissing and 2 of the grands are also entering grade 9. We are excited for them all.
Yuck, I'm like you regarding curtains. That's why there is Ikea

Peggy said...

I have a quilt on the frame but all the kids are grown so I have much more time.