Monday, October 19, 2009

Another weekend bites the dust.....

Still here and still quilting... sort of.....

I spent yesterday working on the blocks for my nephew's quilt. Oops..... I sewed two rows together before I realized that I hadn't adjusted my needle for a 1/4 inch seam (my machine does not sew a perfect 1/4 inch until AFTER you move the needle to the right twice). So of course the seams were too large, which makes the rows not wide enough.... blech..... now I have to frog stitch both rows and start over. Sigh....

Saturday night was my end of year dinner and dance for the mixed baseball league I play in. Driving home at 3:00 am (what were we thinking?), I came around the corner and there was a freaking COW in the middle of the road! It's a good thing I don't drive fast! I managed to stop the car about with about two feet to spare, but OMG! That thing was huge! (I forget just how big cows really are until I see one up close). Scared the you-know-what out of me!

My favourite LQS had a sale on Saturday, 30% off on all fabric. So of course I HAD to go! I purchased a pattern book and the fabric to make a baby quilt for a friend, plus some batting and a few odds and ends. $100 later, I decided I had better skip the Creativ Festival in Toronto on Sunday, or I would've spent even more money!

Tomorrow I will post the pictures of the new shelves that SportsFan put together for me. My quilting room is pretty much complete now!

3 comments:

Moneik said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend! I'm sure you got some really awesome stuff at the LQS. I've come that close to hitting deer and it's a scary feeling!

CatQuilter said...

Partying till the cows come home right?

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Sure not hard to part with funds in a quilt store! I'm doing my best to stay away for a while and give my checkbook a rest.

Jen said...

My mom informed me last week while looking at quilts on barns that if a cow is in the middle of the road and you hit it, the Cow's owner is responsible.

I wonder if it's the same in Canada?

I'm sooooo glad you're ok and missed him. Can't wait to see your new sewing studio!