Monday, October 5, 2009

My New Quilting Room.....


















I'm sure you can tell by the wall colour that the room used to belong to UniversityGirl! Lime green isn't one of my favorites, but I hate painting, so it will do for now. She's not impressed that she had to move into her brother's old room, but hey, she only lives here 4 months of the year, and his old room wasn't big enough to fit the machine! (He moved to the basement last year, now he's my little 'cellar dweller').

Tonight I'm off to Ikea tonight to buy some storage units for fabric, LOTS of storage units, and if I need to buy more fabric to fill it up.... well.... that's not my fault...(insert evil laugh here).

This room is going to be used for quilting and cutting, I am leaving the sewing machine downstairs so I don't get lonely when I'm piecing!

I started a new quilt this week for my nephew, it's called 'Big Sky Country". I purchased the kit at the quilt show in September. I don't normally buy kits but I really liked this one..... in fact, it may be a little hard to give it away! I've finished 28 blocks and sewn the center section together. Click here for a closer look at the pattern.

8 comments:

Mary-Kay said...

Nice colour. I'm so jealous. I want a longarm too but I think I would have to move or use my living room. Maybe...

Suzan said...

Love your space and the LA! The HandiQuilter is exactly what I want..when my ship comes in!!

Moneik said...

Your quilting room looks awesome! Love the quilt too. We had that fabric in and I love it.

Gina said...

Great quilt.

I have to wait a few more years before I can use gemma's room. Mind you she has told me that she's not moving out, ever.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Jackie said...

I love the color! It must be nice to have a big space to work in! Congratulations!

Would love to see what you picked out at Ikea for fabric storage.

Nanci said...

I knew you were stealing her room! Maybe that's why she chose that colour hoping to keep you out!
Yeah to Ikea! They do have the most amazing storage units.

piecesofpatti said...

Love quilting room! It is so nice to have space. I am trying to figure out how to get more space in my house.
Love the quilt too! I would probably have a hard time giving that one away also.......

KateKwiltz said...

That green is fantastic! Do you remember what brand/color it is? I love it!