Monday, January 11, 2010

2 Finishes already.....










A quilted calendar holder for my newly painted orange kitchen.










The pattern was from the Jan/Feb issue of Quiltmaker magazine ( a Christmas gift from my sister). I didn't add the prairie points like the pattern called for, I think the voile I chose wasn't sheer enough, and the praire points were WAY too bright for the rest of the block. But I like it anyways.









The 2nd finish isn't a quilt, it's a zebra print, fake fur blanket for MaterialGirl's room. I used red flannel for the backing and sewed the two pieces wrong sides together. Then I turned it right sides out and sewed all around the edges to keep them from rolling. Not something I would make for myself, but she's happy with it!
I'm not counting the blanket as a quilting finish, but it still feels good to accomplish something!

4 comments:

Moneik said...

Your calendar is absolutely beautiful! I make the same type of blankets for gifts and non-sewing people love them, plus we have a few around our house for lounging blankets.

Nanci said...

OH you know how I love orange...that kitchen must rock!
Calender is great...

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Wow! You've been busy. The calendar is really nice. Glad your daughter likes her wild one! Good to see you back in blogland!

Gina said...

Love the calendar. I saw that in the magazine and put it on my list of to do's

Love and hugs Gina xxx