Monday, January 18, 2010

Quilting Instructions....

Place one hand on each side of head..... grasp hair firmly.....PULL!

Yes, I spent the weekend working on my nephew's quilt and it was one frustration after another. First, I couldn't find it. Huh? I know I left it on my quilt holder???? Took 2 days but we finally realized it was downstairs folded up with all the spare blankets that were used on New Year's Eve (UniversityGirl had a party and at least 20 of her 'nearest and dearest' spent the night). Since we ran out of blankets, somebody decided to use an almost finished quilt top! Couldn't have been very warm!

After a much needed ironing, I proceeded to add the last border of quarter square triangles.... or not. The horizontal rows fit perfectly, but when I tried to add the vertical row, my row of squares were 2 inches too short!!!! TWO INCHES? That's ridiculous, I've been out before, but never even close to that much!

And of course it doesn't help when DH is watching me try to fit it together and teasing me about my math skills! For the record, dear, all I did was follow the pattern, I am not taking the blame for this one!

So with much cursing under my breath (well, out loud, actually) I shortened two of the horizontal borders until it measured the right size. I attached one side last night and HOPEFULLY (cross my fingers) I will get the last one attached tonight.

And I refuse to take a picture of the beast until it is all together.

2 comments:

Moneik said...

It's so frustrating when things don't go as planned. Hope you are able to finish it up tonight and show a picture. Have fun.

Nanci said...

Aw Trish, I did that too, being short, kind of eased the quilt together (1" short) and when it was all quilted, finished, my friend said, did I run out of fabric for that one strip....that I forgot. So I eased the strip into the pattern and it doesn't show now.
But 2 inches is too much. Wonky is now what you want to show.
We've all been there and done that!