Monday, March 15, 2010

Not much new here....

Hubby and I went to Mexico last week for a last minute vacation, but my son managed to give me the stomach flu before we left! I spent the first two days in the room. Thankfully, the resort had room service. The rest of the week was really nice, food was good, and the weather was great.

Now it's back to work, gearing up for our busy season.

Nothing new on the quilting side of things. I started a baby quilt, but I must not be paying attention properly, because I seem to be spending more time with the seam ripper than the sewing machine.

In between piecing and quilting lately, I've been knitting slippers. I don't knit very often, but once in a while the mood strikes me and I knit something small, just enough to get it out of my system!

I'll post some pictures later.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

I know what you mean about the seam ripper- you are not alone in that department. A trip to Mexico- what a treat! Glad the flu didn't last the whole time and you were able to enjoy yourself some.

Deb said...

Hi Trish, Thanks for dropping by my blog. I might be interest in an evening group? Is it a guild too or more of a kindred group?
I must say I have been following your blog for quite some time.
Thanks again Deb

Nanci said...

Gosh Trish. last year didn't you go to Cuba to lose weight? 7 lbs to be exact...this year Mexico...next year....
what is it that you do to gear up for the "busy" season?
I go to the cottage...that's my busy season.
You do great "male" quilts by the way.