Monday, April 26, 2010

Stepping outside the box....
























I finished quilting the 'African Pizazz' quilt. I really like how it turned out. I did beadboard on the outside border, swirls on the inner border and I used my circle groovy boards on the large squares. For the rest, I did an all over meander, because the fabric is so busy you can hardly see it.

The reason I call it stepping outside of the box, is because I've never done the first three types of quilting before. In fact, I've had the groovy board from Handiquilter for two years and this is the first time I've ever used it. The swirls pattern is from a tutorial on Carlas's Feathered Fibres website.

Of course, if I was brutally honest, I would mention that some of the lines in the beadboard aren't straight, the swirls aren't even close to consistant, and I let the groovy board slide a couple of times so the circles aren't always even....
But hey, from about three feet away.... It looks GREAT!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Hi Trish
I love it! I showed the pic to hubby and he said "I would like one of them"

For Xmas maybe??Guys are kinda hard...so thanks for giving me an idea.

featheredfibers said...

Great swirls!! Wonderful quilting, too!

Deb said...

Trish saw your quilt the other night and Wow what a beauty. I am sure your friend will love it.