Monday, June 14, 2010

Change in plans....

I decided not to do Amanda Jean's quilt along, after all. I looked at the fabric that I was planning to use, and the prints are way too large for the pattern she is making. Oh well, maybe next time.

Instead I decided to make this quilt: Big & Bold. The fabric is from Connecting threads. Originally I was going to give it to Meagan's friend Matt, but the colours are much too feminine for a guy. (The colours in my picture aren't very accurate, most of the fabrics are very PURPLE.... when I ordered the kit, I thought the colours were BLUE)
It went together very quickly, I just need to add the pieced border. It looks kind of Blahh right now, but it will look better after it's quilted. Since the blocks are nice and big, I'm going to use the large print fabrics with this pattern. It still won't be for Matt, though, my large print fabric is VERY girly! It's called Olive Rose . Poor Matt, it could be another year before he finally gets his own quilt!
I finished quilting the Leftover Pizazz quilt, so I have one Summer Goal complete!

2 comments:

Moneik said...

I can see it looks pretty purple! I think the pattern works great with it. I guess you'll still be on the lookout for a quilt to make for Matt. Have fun using the Olive Rose! I love that fabric.

Deb said...

I love the new quilt.