Thursday, August 5, 2010

Matt's Quilt





I finished piecing the top for Matt's quilt.

It took me almost a year because after I cut it out, and sorted the pieces into ziplock bags, I promptly lost it. Yup, I searched the whole house and couldn't find it anywhere.

Six months later I decided to heck with it, I would start a new one for him, so I ordered some really nice graffiti print fabric to make it with. Small problem.... the fabric was so nice and the print so large that I couldn't figure out how to cut it up and make it look good in a quilt. So it hung on my design wall while I pondered.....

Two months go by andI'm still doing the 'stand and stare' thing! BUT, lo and behold!!!! I found the original quilt pieces! Duh, they were at the office, where I occasionally spend time piecing (in the winter when we're slow... ). It solved my problem for the graffiti fabric... instead of cutting it up, I am now going to use it for the back of the quilt.