Wednesday, September 29, 2010

No Name post....

I've run out of ideas for post titles.....

As you can see I've been slacking again on my blog, probably because I ran out of mojo for quilting. BUT... I did start a new quilt this weekend, it's called Double-Double and it incorporates coffee themed fabrics. (Canadians will know that when you order a double-double, you get a coffee with double cream and double sugar.....) It's for my friend Sue, who may be a little over-dependent on her Tim Horton's coffee fix....

Tomorrow night I have a friend coming over looking for help with her first quilt. She signed up for a 'beginning' quilting course, but after she bought all the supplies, the LQS told her that she had to have all of her rotary cut pieces cut out before class starts. Well, gee, what part of beginner did they not understand? Since she just bought the rotary cutter and mat (from them!), she certainly doesn't know how to use it yet!. Obviously the LQS definition of 'beginner' isn't the same as her idea of 'beginner'. She does know how to sew, so I think she'll catch on quick once I show her how to use the rotary cutter.

3 comments:

Moneik said...

Sounds like fun helping her learn to quilt. I know most of our classes are considered for beginners, but only a select few are beginning quilting classes where they show every step. Hope she learns lots!

Peggy said...

I agree, learning to use a rotary cutter takes a little know how and a lot of practice,

Nanci said...

Dah! It's one of the reasons, I'm glad I didn't take lessons from the pros!
Trish, most of your blogs are titled "I'm Back!"
No wonder you have title problems!
I do find it hard sometimes to think of a title...yours was good today.
Rotary cutting can be deadly...