Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Two years isn't THAT long....

I started this quilt at a retreat in Ohio, two years ago. I pieced all the blocks at the retreat, but it took me forever to finally get it quilted and bound. I think I had it on the quilting machine three different times! The Kawartha Quiltmakers Guild show is this weekend, so I had to finally finish it so I could show it (if it wasn't for deadlines, I'd never finish anything!).

I'm also going to show 'African Pizzaz' and "Cafe au Lait' (renamed from Coffee Double Double).


These three quilts are how I've spent most of my time lately, besides finishing the basket quilt, I had to add hanging sleeves and labels to all of them for the show. But in between, I've been working on a new quilt:

The blocks came from an online swap I did a year or so ago. I love the black with the colours, it makes the colours seem brighter. I'd like to applique some vines or swirls onto the border next.

3 comments:

Moneik said...

So excited to see so many finishes for your show! Love the bright color blocks too.

Nanci said...

Nice work Trish. The colourful blocks from the swap are right up there with my latest.
Yeah, in the world of hand quilting, two years isn't long.

Heather said...

All of these quilts are lovely. i particularly like the different blues you used in the basket quilt.